Ulpiana Antic City is believed to have been founded at the beginning of the second century BC, and it has flourished during the third and fourth century.
It is supposed that it covered an area of more than 1000 kilometers and it was located quite close to the rich mining.
Historians believe that natural resources were the reason why this area got conquered by Romans, and remained under their invasion for centuries.
The major part of the town was destroyed during the fifth century by the Goths and Huns, and the remaining parts were destroyed a few decades later by a catastrophic earthquake.
Nowadays its ruins can be visited in the territory of Prishtina.